Gifts in Kind
Children's Health Foundation Open House - Tuesday, December 13 from 4 to 6 p.m. at 345 Westminster Avenue. Come drop off your toy donation and meet your Child Life Team from Children's Hospital, London Health Sciences Centre. Everyone is welcome to come and enjoy some snacks and refreshments.
Toys and child-appropriate gift items are always needed throughout the year. We are very appreciative of the generosity of individuals and organizations within our local community and surrounding areas that help us by providing much needed items for our infants, children, youth, and families at our healthcare partners.
Items in Need
Our patients range in age from birth through to their 18th birthday. If you are interested in donating toys, games, or craft items, please consult our Gifts In Kind Donation Wish List for ideas on what would be appropriate for all age groups.
How to Donate
Brand new, unwrapped items can be brought to the Children's Health Foundation Office, Room B1-010 at Children's Hospital located at 800 Commissioners Road or the offices at 345 Westminster Avenue, London Ontario.
Due to infection control guidelines, allergies, compromised immune systems, safety precautions and limited space, we can only accept donations that are NEW and recently purchased.
WE CANNOT ACCEPT:
- Gift wrapped gifts
- Scented products
- Items made from latex
- Used toys and used stuffed animals/plush or cloth toys
- Food, treats or candy
- Items with corporate branding
- Toys stuffed with shredded foam, small pellets or beans. Look for items filled with fabric or solid foam.
- Toys with detachable parts (like button eyes) that could be removed, and swallowed or inhaled.
- Electrical, spark-producing or friction producing toys
- Fragile toys that can break into small pieces with sharp edges
- Toys made of glass or brittle plastic
- Toys with sharp edges or protrusions
- Toys or craft kits with toxic paints or glues
- Toys with parts that can pinch fingers or pull hair
- Toy guns and other violent toys
- No LARGE ride-on toys or LARGE dolls, stuffed animals, or toys
- Violent movies and video games
- Sports equipment